If 20% of an electricity bill is deducted, then Rs. 100 is till to be paid. How much was the original bill?

A. Rs. 115
B. Rs. 110
C. Rs. 125
D. None of these


Correct Answer: C. Rs. 125

Detail about MCQs

To solve this problem, let’s denote the original electricity bill amount as .

If 20% of the bill is deducted, the remaining amount to be paid is 100. This means 80% of the bill remains.

We can set up the equation as follows:
Now, let’s solve for :

So, the original electricity bill was Rs. 125.

Therefore, the correct answer is C. Rs. 125.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *